Home » Interview Reflection

Recent Posts

Archives

Categories

Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International

Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International license.

Interview Reflection

Scarline Martinez

Alyssa Yankwitt

04/21/21

Reflection

The interview paper consisted of interviewing a classmate based on a subculture they belong to. During the completion of this assignment, I collected information from my informant’s answers and analyzed the data centered on the cat lover subculture. I was prompted to write about this topic by my classmate whose interests are cats. I found this particular subculture to be of great interest, given that people of different demographics can appreciate it and serves as a shift from the usual serious topics.

Throughout the writing process, I hoped to effectively use the data provided by my interviewee and my analysis to form a report that was well-conducted and effortlessly showcased my classmate’s subculture as a cat lover. For this purpose, I drew upon my and others’ linguistic differences by considering the feedback received from the peer review, such as acknowledging the awkward sentences in my conclusion and grammatical errors that disrupted the flow of my paper. As the writer, I made sure to communicate my topic to the reader in a straightforward way. Moreover, the potential audience consists of animal lovers (specifically cat lovers), pet owners, and anyone curious about cats. The assignment consisted of writing a report on the subculture of a cat lover and my interviewee that gives my potential audience an overview of my findings. I engaged in strengthening my source use practices (including evaluating, integrating, quoting, paraphrasing, summarizing, synthesizing, analyzing, and citing sources). I mainly applied my personal opinions, quotes, summaries of my informant’s answers in the paper. I connected to my audience through their interest as I made pop culture references like Harry Potter and the CatDog tv show. Subsequently, my audience and I shared knowledge concerning this subculture due to its popularity; this allowed my work and context to be easier to comprehend.